Introduction:

Follow us on our 2011 Summer Adventure. We will journey across the country to the Old West and the First National Park in this country. We're home basing from Sundance, Wyoming, then traveling out to Yellowstone. This blog will include the trip there, but (as previous years have shown) I may be having too much fun, or not enough wi-fi to complete the blog all the way through. (don't worry I'll catch it up when I get home)

Please Enjoy Reading, as I enjoy sharing this with you.


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Heading Westward

Day One


Well we started a bit late, we were up late finishing the last of the packing, laundry and such. We hit the highway at 8:12 am with not much traffic (luckily).
There's not much to say really, 90w in Massachusetts is just plain ole boring, but it sure beats that two lane backroad we've used to cross through Connecticut. We hit the New York border at around 10:15am, not bad timing for 65 mph. This new truck tackles the hills like butta, no bobbing either, pretty comfortable ride.


Quick shot of the railroad bridge from the Castleton Bridge over the Hudson River.

Well we motored on through upper state New York without any issues. Hudson river valley was nice.






But man I though Ohio was boring, New York is even worse.

At about 5 we crossed over the Pennsylvania border. Again not much to report.

At around 6 Ohio's border was in our sites. I got my first view of the great lakes, (Lake Erie).



It's funny, with the grey hazy sky and still waters it looked exactly how I've always imagined it. Though I was surprised that the water touched the horizon. I guess the view I got was a perfect position to get the feel of the "Great Lakes". It reminded me of a scene from the horrible movie The Fog. ;-)





Cleveland Ohio

About an hour later we exited the Ohio Turnpike at mile marker 118 into Milan Ohio, where we met up with a Marine buddy of Alex's from Miramar. We pulled the camper into his driveway and hunkered down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment